This last year I’ve been focusing on gratitude. Whether that be towards the people in my life or the simple things in life. So here is a list of 22 things that make me happy. 22 things for each year I’ve been graced with life.
- Books, specifically Dean Koontz books and Samantha Hunt’s ‘The Seas‘ That woman has a way with words.
- My cat Pudy, I call her Pud for short. She is the cutest thing on this earth (right up there with my baby brother)
- Hot cups of tea. My favorite kinds are passion fruit, white, wild orange, and matcha. My favorite brand of tea currently is Tazo <3
- Lofi mixes on YouTube. I’ve recently been binging the bootleg boy’s mixes. They just fill me with content and peace and help to calm the anxiety inside of me.
- Coffee. It tastes so good. I’ve been spending my mornings talking with my dad while both of us sip a mug of it.
- Hot showers (or baths). I don’t like cold showers so I’m very thankful that I am able to have hot water. I have it practically scalding actually.
- Jessica. She is a godsend. I’m lucky enough to have found my soulmate in high school (to clarify, I mean soulmate in a platonic sense) though warm hugs from her are always welcome.
- My grandma Sharon. I just love her so much and am thankful for all the time I’ve gotten to spend with her.
- Miraculous Ladybug. Okay so some might claim this to be a dumb one, but this show helped me through a rough time. When I was at the point where I couldn’t leave the house without having a panic attack, this show was a comfort. It didn’t trigger any sadness or panic attacks much and I watched the crap out of it when I was trapped inside my home (due to mental illness)
- My baby (big boy) brother. Since I moved back in with my parents I was able to see my little brother grow up. I am thankful for all the time I got to spend with him that I wouldn’t have if I still lived on my own two hours away.
- Shan. He makes me laugh and smile. I am glad that God brought us together.
- My dad. His jokes are the best. He literally plays the long game. Waits days, weeks, months, sometimes years, to deliver the punch line. He recently had a revelation that he has made ‘situational comedy’ that occurs on television come to life, he has the patience to wait until he can finally say the punch line.
- God. If one good thing came out of 2020, it was that it brought me closer to God. I am thankful to have his presence in my life, to find comfort from him and to share my burdens with him.
- My baritone ukulele. When I feel upset or down, I can play my ukulele and it helps me process what I’m feeling and helps to feel better.
- My voice. I take it for granted. I love my voice, the way it laughs and the way it sings. I am very thankful for having a voice.
- My hands. Without my hands, I wouldn’t be able to a lot of the things I enjoy: playing my ukulele, painting, typing/writing, eating delicious food (especially with chopsticks), editing videos, even just operating a camera (DSLR)
- Long talks with my brother (the 15 year old one)
- Warm blankets. I hate being cold, warm fuzzy blankets ward that away
- The sun, its warm.
- Nights out on the town with my friends (usually wandering doing nothing.)
- The friends and connections I made while living in the cities
- Yummy food. My favorite being bulgogi mmm.
What makes you happy? What are you grateful for?
Happy New Year Everyone! God bless,